Thursday, November 19, 2009

Loserkids.com




For my intro to fashion class I had to interview someone who has a job that I would one day like to have in the industry. Thanks to my friend Ryan I interviewed Adrienne Westall a graphic designer and woman's buyer for http://Loserkids.com. It is an action sports and music influenced online retailer that sells brands such as Macbeth, Element, Billabong, Kr3w, RVCA, SUPRA, Edmond, Hurley etc. Also Tom Delonge, from the band Blink 182 is one of the owners/ creators of Loserkids.com.

The interview with her gave me a new found appreciation for action sports clothing brands. Before I thought very little of surf and skate brands and thought they had no sense of fashion. However with the interview it helped me realize fashion isn’t a strict law that everyone should abide by. It is a form of expression that each person finds on his or her self. It is created by a person with an urge to express and portray themselves with art and movement through clothing. Everyone has their own form of expression and I value that. I learned a lot from Adrienne and gained assurance that this is what I want to do with my life. To think a year ago I was at Cal State Fullerton studying to be a kindergarten teacher. I decided to move to San Diego to do fashion merchandise instead. That was the smartest move I have ever made. Because fashion is my life, it is my music, it is my love and it is my passion. This is where I belong and this is where I want to be.

No comments: